Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Singing Bowl Intentions

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home ~ 1 of Wind Songs

Have you ever listened or used a Singing Bowl? You can listen to some beautiful ones here. Like a tuning fork, the sound vibrates on long after our human ears can no longer hear it.

I'm reminded by this card our actions and intent do the same. If I start my day in a wishy-washy way my results for the day will be the same. If my intention is good and I put my heart and back to the intent, my results, like the Singing Bowl, will carry forward.

"Be intent upon the perfection of the present day." ~ William Law 1686-1761

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharyn,

    While I'm not familiar with the deck you are using, I do have a singing bowl and always feel its effects during and after its use.

    I haven't used it with intentions in mind, but I do agree that its use does bring with it a clarity I didn't have before.

    I'm no great singer with it, I keep to the basic humming and begin with a visualisation of my spirit rising high; I often find this happening as I return to myself aware that at some point the visualisation ended and my spriti did indeed rise.

    this leaves me much better equipped to carry on the day and would parallel your daily intention I feel. Do you sing or hum with yours? I've tried using mantra's but find myself getting lost which is why I keep to hummng and the basic Om Mani Padme Hum.

    Your post has inspired me to write about my singing bowl on my own blog; I would like to link back to you in that post so I may give your credit for my inspiration. Would this be ok with you?

    I will also of course add you to my blog roll as I have read your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed your writing :)

    Warm wishes,

    Catherine
    www.tarotelements.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn