Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Cup Is Full Once Again

Daily Draw: Jolanda Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

Two of cups, new or renewed relationships.

I'm reminded by this card that if love is the root of a relationship then hate is possible...you can't hate someone you don't care about. I am so happy and thankful that the most strained relationship in my little sphere has been resolved and is now filled with love again.

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?" ~ Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931

This week's deck is the Jolanda Tarot, 2nd edition, published by AGM/AG Muller of Switzerland 2008. The 1st edition was better known as the Swedish Witch Tarot. Illustrated by Hans Arnold, co-creator Rose Bjorkman, also known as Jolanda, well known in Sweden for her expert use of the tarot cards.

3 comments:

  1. "I'm reminded by this card that if love is the root of a relationship then hate is possible..."


    A great, but also painful insight. It seems to me that everything operates via its opposite; especially language.

    Our sense of meaning; our sense of understanding seems to be a play of opposites. Oscillating between both sides of the same coin.

    The Two of any suit is a great example of this play at work.

    I wonder if it's only possible to unite the opposites via some form of meditation...a sense of the divine in union?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this deck too, I have the old Swedish one with keywords though.
    I just have to point out that this is the THREE of Cups, not the two, even if it doesn't affect your comments about it that much :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn