Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Intention and Beauty

Daily Draw: Waking The Wild Spirit ~ Queen of Wands

One of the lovely things about this deck is people of all ages are portrayed. If you are connected to any kind of media you know this is an airbrushed impossibly unflawed world we are assailed with each and every day.

I'm reminded by this Queen of mature years that we are all beautiful, if we will only allow ourselves to be. I'm working this year on keeping the corners of my mouth turned up because at rest they naturally turn down and give an unintentional decidedly surly look, even giving myself a start when I see my reflection. Beautiful inside, beautiful outside. I can surely do this by setting my intent each morning.

"Though we travel the world to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803-1882

1 comment:

  1. I love this post - that lady is wonderful. I'm on a mission this year also - to smile. My mouth also turns down a bit in the corners and with age this is magnified (thanks gravity). I have decided that I will smile, smile, smile, smile - and I've found that when I am smiling I cannot think negative thoughts. What a revelation - sometimes I find myself not smiling on purpose - because sometimes I WANT to be cranky - but I'm working on those times - and when I make myself smile I find the crankies disappear. It's been a great experiment.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn