Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Self Nurturing

Daily Draw: Book of Thoth Etteilla ~ Protection

I did something today I've never done before in a daily draw. Normally I fan the deck and draw at random, today I pulled the King of Batons but I put him back and drew and drew (lots of courts, the Ace of Cups) and then this card appeared and I chose to keep it. Etteilla's majors do not match the commonly found decks. Card seven would normally be the Chariot and you can see this card doesn't reflect that at all. But it is a beautiful card, one of peace, stability, companionship, and that is what drew me to it. I need that today.

I'm reminded by this card that I don't believe in laying down and letting 'fate' run my life. I prefer to captain my own vessel and today I chose kindness and nurturing.

"First you need only look: Notice and honor the radiance of Everything about you... Play in this universe. Tend All these shining things around you: The smallest plant, the creatures and objects in your care. Be gentle and nurture. Listen..." ~ Anne Hillman

1 comment:

  1. I like this..I'm not letting fate run my life anymore either. I'm choosing loving, kindness, and caring

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn