Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Joy

Daily Draw: Celtic Book of the Dead ~ Island of Joy

I was long into adulthood when I realized the difference between happy and joy. Joy stays, happy goes.

I'm reminded by this card regardless of circumstances to recognize and appreciate the inner joy. Disregarding it is disrespectful of all my life experiences which make me what I am today. Inner joy gives me the courage to go on when I'd rather not.

"Joy is not in things; it is in us." ~ Richard Wagner 1813-1883

1 comment:

  1. That's something I've been thinking about a lot recently - although I couldn't articulate it until I read this post.

    A lot of things seem to be 'difficult' at the moment and when I'm calm, I can feel joy. It's peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn