Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Unknown

Daily Draw: Merryday Tarot ~ 3 of Wands

This card speaks of change on our doorstep. Could be employment and financial considerations, could be health, or travel, could be emotional...that we are finally ready to dump some of the anchors we've been allowing to hold us down and back. Whatever it might be, the suit of wands is action. I'm ready for a change.

I'm reminded by this card of two distinct groups of people, those who love to travel and those that don't. One of my best friends celebrated her 60th birthday yesterday by taking a cruise to St. Petersburg Russia. I'm thrilled at the potential of finally getting a chance to take our new doggies to run on the beach soon. Both valid journeys and in their own ways equally distant from the now and norm.

"What people forget is a journey to nowhere starts with a single step, too." ~ Chuck Palahniuk 1961-

1 comment:

  1. H Sharyn,

    I hope you're well :)

    The 3 of Wands to me is one of those cards that I can't reconcile. It has too many meanings covering too much ground - no pun intended when you consider the imagery - The Thoth particularly is very different to others. The Merryday Tarot looks pretty awesome - you have so many decks, I'm jealous!

    I love Chuck Palahnuik books - I have three of them, all a little dark, but so cooly written. Love the quote too :)

    Warm wishes,

    Catherine
    http://tarotelements.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn