Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ancestors, more than a family tree

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Spirit World ~ 7 of Pentacles

Pents are the spirits of ancestors in this deck, and 7 is watching and waiting for what has been planted to mature.
Grama Ruth taught me being poor has nothing to do with having enough.
Grampa Woods taught me to fix rather than replace.
Grama Pearl taught me the history of family.
Mrs. Camp taught me to read and tie my shoes.
Mrs. Pratt tried to teach me piano.
Aunt Marilyn was my first best friend.
Aunt Dolly was my model for teenager and young adult.
Aunt Gloria taught me that each parent has a different method.
Mother taught me the paint job on the back of the fence is just as important as the paint job the public sees.
Father showed me doing something you love brings a peaceful heart.
Together they showed me what a happy marriage was.

I'm reminded by this card everyone we've interacted with has planted some kind of seed of knowledge in us, and how we live our life is a daily choice. Namaste, ghosts of the past.

"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors." ~ Jonas Salk 1914-1995

2 comments:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn