Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

King of Swords Becomes King of Chalices

Daily Draw: Tarot of Druids ~ King of Chalices

I asked my husband once if he loved his father. He thought about it for awhile and said he didn't know, but he respected him for teaching him to work. Here we are many years later living next door until we are no longer needed, and watching his dad lose the unwinnable battle of dementia.

I'm reminded by this card that many people are difficult to love, but behind this gruff and difficult exterior there dwelt a very funny man, generous in his own way, a genius at building what he needed, that I'm very thankful I took the time to get to know before he became someone else. King of Cups and a father who did his best with what he had.

"I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you." ~ Roy Croft 1907-1973

1 comment:

  1. You have such a wonderful way to say things Sharyn. I love your blog and how and what you write - not to mention those quotes :)

    Thank you for you and your blog

    Blessings,

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn