Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Rationalizing

Daily Draw: Celtic Messages Oracle ~ Sulis

A Helper card today, just what the doctor ordered. As more and more of my time is spent with my FIL while his body weakens and his dementia grows I have less me time and I'm not allotting it very well. The two things my mind and body need are quilting and yoga. I'm not doing either, I don't have the energy. And all my card draws this week have been trying to tell me to straighten up and fly right.

I'm reminded by the seeing eye in this card that it doesn't matter if I rationalize why I'm not doing something, my small still voice says it's a load of cods wallop, I do have the time to do what I need most. Even as we speak I can feel me squashing that voice. What an idiot.

"The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience." ~ Mahatma Gandhi 1869-1948

1 comment:

  1. Identifying it is the first step, and you see it. Now, to bring it into being. It's tough to find the energy to do yoga, and it's an easy thing to make excuses about. I can relate, because I'm in the same boat. But, we both know that it will bolster you, give you energy and strength and it will ultimately help you be healthier, stronger, and better all around, so that you may better help your FIL, and other loved ones in your life.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn