Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Daily Draw: Halloween Tarot ~ 9 of Cups

There is no crime in being happy. Accepting our place in life and making the most of it is common sense. I'm never going to be president or CEO or pope. In my 30's it bothered me that people my age were so far ahead of me on the scale of whatever we measure success by. In my 50's what is important is far different.

I'm reminded by this card of how much I have to be thankful for, of all the things that make me smile. Want is a rather foreign word I refuse to learn, gratitude is impressed into my heart and mind.

"Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy..." ~ Bobby McFerrin 1950-

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, I'm now following you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I love your blog! Wonderful. I am going to add it as a link. I hope you approve. Thank you for all you do both here and at Spark.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn