Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh The Pain

Daily Draw: Native American Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

The hospital ER probably is second only to the police station in holiday day drama. Our hopes and expectations are so high what real life family could live up to it? I saw a beautifully dressed soft-spoken woman with a black eye and bloody nose. Two preschool children with no shoes or coats wander loose while the adult sat outside in the rain and smoked and yakked on her phone. I heard a lady screaming that the drugs weren't hers, she'd never allow drugs around her children. I saw road weary policemen, ambulance workers, doctors, staff of all levels who met the mêlée with courtesy, speed, thoughtful thorough care, consideration of ages and sensibilities...in other words everyday American heroes, doing what they do best.

I'm reminded by this card how really blessed I am, and have always been, and probably always will be. My blood and married family do not inflict pain, intentional or otherwise. These 10 Swords aren't for me today, but for the sad hearts and broken lives that surround us everywhere. Thank you Nurse Tammy, Nurse John, Dr. R, Dr. S, you are beautiful.


"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." ~ Agnesë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu Mother Teresa 1910-1997

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn