Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Feathers

Daily Draw: Margarete Petersen Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

I've been researching the history of the Inca Maya Aztec and Toltec cultures recently and have studied ancient Egypt for many years. What these five have in common is they all lost their advanced civilization status; they forgot how to be wise.

Eh? What does this card have to do with lost civilizations? This card reminds me that the feather is a beacon of hope, a powerful prayer in and of itself, a sigil even in the darkest days; the difference between finding our way out of the dark and choosing to stay in the dark.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul.
And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all." ~ Emily Dickinson 1830-1886

2 comments:

  1. Sharyn,
    I finally had a chance to check out this entry about the beautiful owl feather you sent me for Christmas. I don't seem to have much opportunity for following or keeping blogs these days, but hopefully I will get back to it before too much longer.
    Susan K

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn