Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Defender

Daily Draw: Ma'at Tarot ~ King of Swords

The artist refers to this figure as the maimed king, the old warrior who will stand and defend his family against all comers.

I'm reminded by this card of how powerful love can make us. I can't think of anything I'd die for on my own behalf, but I'd give my life for my Rob to protect him from harm without a moment's hesitation.

"Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted." ~ Paul Pearsall 1942-2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn