Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Do do, Don't do

Daily Draw: Circle of Life ~ Hanged Man

This tree and figure are tied to nothing. Is it will power or stubbornness that keeps her hanging there? The Moon behind the tree suggests the latter to me.

I'm reminded by this card of how stubborn I used to be. I couldn't say how many times I cut my own nose off to spite my face with that particular flaw. To prove my point, but the point being, to anyone observing, there wasn't any point except that I wasn't changing my mind. I can only think of one stubborn point I'm sitting on at the moment; my SIL wants me to charge her folks for my time here. It would be around 5K a month. I'm point blank refusing. She thinks I'm nuts, I think she is. She will be here for three weeks shortly, I'm going to suggest she charge them and see what she does. I'm here by choice, she won't be, she will be here at my request. Two different sides of the same coin.

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come." ~ Anne Lamott 1954-

1 comment:

  1. I admire your comments in these posts - I admire your ability to think deeply about matters that make a difference - I admire the wealth of information you present to us each day. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn