Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Grim Madness

Daily Draw: Circle of Life Tarot ~ 9 of Coins

You tell me what this has to do with this card. From the publishers included book: In any great undertaking, madness always plays a minor role. If madness plays a major role, the undertaking is bound to fail.
Insert sound of Tim Allen saying "mmhuuh?".

OK, I can do this...I'm reminded by this card how few of today's working citizens have used common sense re: their financial future. A sense of madness thinly disguised as consumerism has fogged our consciousness at the expense of our future. No savings, over-mortgaged, credit debt up the ying-yang. Yes this nine, which should bespeak contentment and complete financial well-being shows the opposite side of the coin. Madness and ruin foretold, of two or three generations destined for minimum wage service jobs and dumpster diving well into old age. Enjoy today, tomorrow is pretty grim.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~ Lewis Carroll/Charles Lutwidge Dodgson 1832-1898

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy these every day - thanks so much!! Gives me a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn