Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Harvest

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

I grew up in a family that had a big garden, cattle, and chickens, so I thought I understood the concept of harvest; full pantry, freezer, and barn. Then I watched the PBS documentary Frontier House and understood the flip side; empty pantry and barn. And absolutely no where to go for supplies to feed family and farm stock in the middle of winter.

I'm reminded by this card that Harvest, it's subtitle, doesn't just refer to wants and needs fulfilled, it can also refer to a dearth of any human requirements, something we are seeing in stark images coming from Haiti this week. Time to count my blessings and share what I have where I can.

"But he who seeks all things, wherever he goes
Only reaps from the hopes which around him he sows
...A harvest of barren regrets” ~ Edward Robert Bulwer-Lytton 1831-1891

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn