Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mediocre

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ Queen of Swords

Are you rare and priceless like this white hind or common as dirt? Either description would probably be uttered outside our hearing, Lord forbid we get a big head or hurt feelings.

I'm reminded by this card that I fall in the middle ground of life. It has really depressed me at times, having nothing I excelled at, and too well brought up to enjoy being common. This feels like one more mediocre day already...I wonder what I can do to ramp it up to exquisite?

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." ~ Uta Hagen 1999-2004

2 comments:

  1. Not knowing anything about Tarot, I look at this card and instantly know where this deer is at, the place of contentment. It was recognition for me as I have been there. It was most in the colour and then the pattern behind and confirmed with the heart. It was a wonderful experience and one that I am sure will come again, hopefully very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - strong stuff - and my feelings exactly - I'm going to look for the exquisite in the day.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn