Sunday, January 24, 2010

Right Wrong

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ Justice

Ever put your tin suit on and tried to right wrongs?
I've found in humans, it is usually too late to make a difference.
In the world view it is usually too little to late.

I'm reminded by this card too little is still more than none. And we never know what ripples we create. I'm cynical yet a glimmer of hope still wavers, so I'll leave two quotations today.

"That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem of innocence inside you that makes you want to believe that there still exists a right and wrong, that decency will somehow triumph in the end". ~ Lise Hand

"Mankind are an incorrigible race. Give them but bugbears and idols -- it is all that they ask; the distinctions of right and wrong, of truth and falsehood, of good and evil, are worse than indifferent to them." ~ William Hazlitt 1778-1830

Greenwood is the deck of the week again, I can't seem to put it down. I resisted it for years, it is out of print, very expensive when found and speculation and rumor surround the mystique of the artist Chesca Potter.

I spent a long time on what remains of her on-line presence comparing the book that came with the deck and the cyber book she wrote and posted after the set was printed. There are many differences; for anyone who really uses the deck it is well worth their time to have a copy of both publications. Many of the Majors have been renamed and reordered, in line with her Wheel of the Year. If I remember when on the other computer, I'll post the index from both sources up above with the Wheel scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn