Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Changeable

Daily Draw: Granny Jones Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

I wonder if Granny was a armchair traveler, or what is called an Army Brat, pillared to posted a lot? She choses travel as a keyword for many of her cards. I see the 8 of Cups as leaving something behind and the 6 of Cups as traveling to something.

I'm reminded by this card the older I get the less I want to travel anywhere. An artist's date of aimless wandering for the day or a trip to the beach and I've had enough. Yet I wouldn't call myself a homebody either. I dream of going to Egypt, via Belize, Australia, England, and Canada...maybe this card simply shows I'm human, changeable like the weather.

"If the unexamined life is not worth living, the unexamined past is not worth possessing; it bears fruit only by being held continuously up to the light, and is as changeable and as full of surprises, pleasant and unpleasant, as the future." ~ Brendan Gill 1914-1997

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, you have the Granny Jones!! I am so envious!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn