Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Frugal To A Fault

Daily Draw: Anna.K Tarot ~
4 of Coins and Page of Swords

I thought I'd draw two cards today to celebrate our 40th anniversary, expecting to get the Lovers and the Sun or something along those lines. No, I got a reflection of our current problems. Gotta Love Tarot for it's honesty.

I'm reminded by this card my MIL who has been unfailingly frugal all her life is now becoming consumed by it, and how to make her daughters understand the the dementia that is eating their father away is now visiting their mother. There is bad news and then there is bad news and how to tell or show it is a matter of grave import which requires thoughtful preparation.

"Go miser go, for money sell your soul.
Trade wares for wares and trudge from pole to pole,
So others may say when you are dead and gone
See what a vast estate she left his son." ~ John Dryden 1631-1700

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary - enjoy!!!!

    I'll not speak of frugal - it's too close to home, me thinks. (my home that is) :-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn