Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Go Ahead, Do It...

Daily Draw: Granny Jones Tarot ~ 3 of Wands

When my father-in-law was 80 he started an orchard. Some folk laughed, my sister-in-law summed it up best, "now that is optimism". He is still here and the orchard has been producing lovely fruits for many years now.

I'm reminded by this card that saying we are too old to start or it's too late to do something is a sin against ourselves. We don't know how long we'll be here so why not take on new projects, get interested in something different? It is only time after all. If we have to leave early we've spent our remaining time fruitfully, if we get to stay we have something to show for our time beyond cheek marks in the easy chair.

"Enthusiasm is contagious. Be a carrier." ~ Susan Rabin 1947-

1 comment:

  1. Wow- that is exactly what I needed - today and every day!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn