Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hair-Trigger

Daily Draw: Granny Jones Tarot ~ 7 of Buttons/Coins

As I sit serenely sipping my morning cuppa I smile at this card but it is painful to look at also. I have a hair-trigger temper I've been trying to control all my life, but lately it seems there doesn't need to be a trigger at all. Not a pretty sight.

I'm reminded by this card how destructive anger can be and whether self-directed or focused outwardly I can do a powerful lot of harm in a very short time. Asking for help and seeking tools on-line would be a good idea.

"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~ Sydney J. Harris 1917-1986

This week the small run long out-of-print Granny Jones Tarot deck from Australia is up to bat. Way too cute to be legal with color crayon art, lots of Siamese cats and a charming sense of humor as its hallmarks. Art by Rebecca Jones, published by Kangroo Press, 1994 or 1995.

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn