Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Individual Worlds and Facebook

Daily Draw: Granny Jones Tarot ~ World

I've been thinking about this card since I drew it many hours ago. I've come to the conclusion, that for me, today, I have a small world. The farm is coming alive and there is so much to do here...My FIL is dieing and there is so little I can do there. And all my friends are on Facebook and I don't 'get' it.

I'm reminded by this card that I am an avid internet socializer, have been since 1996. With the exception of two or three people, I consider my best friends to be internet friends and have traveled to them and had many of them travel to me. Just because I don't get Facebook doesn't mean it isn't a wonderful world too...one that just doesn't happen to be on my daily map. Yes I have a page with a face :) but perhaps because I share so much of my world on my blog I have nothing left to give Facebook. If you'd like to show me your face leave me a link...then maybe one day I will 'get' Facebook too.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." ~ Anais Nin 1903-1977

1 comment:

  1. I've purposefully avoided checking Facebook as often as I had in the past (which was obsessive checking of Facebook!). The energy freed up from not participating as much is worth it, so I wouldn't feel pressured to get Facebook. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn