Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Perfection is not part of my path

Daily Draw: Anna.K Tarot ~ 8 of Coins

My goal is growth and self knowledge. I'm pondering the word victim which lept off the page and into my brain this week. Considering I am independent to a fault, victim mentality aren't normal words in my vocabulary. But I do have a 50 year old sore spot that I've not been able to erase.

I'm reminded by this card if I have an issue that refuses to move, perhaps I've been looking at it upside down. And continued efforts in overcoming ego are a form of life apprenticeship.

"When I can no longer bear to think of the victims of broken homes, I begin to think of the victims of intact ones." ~ Peter De Vries 1910-1993

1 comment:

  1. I think the image of life-long learning is very strong in this card. We're always the apprentice in a way, even if you believe to have mastered something, there's always new things you can learn as things are in flux, changing and developing all the time. What we believed an absolute truth one minute can be falsified the next. I really like that concept of the card, keeping your eyes open, working on adapting and being open to new knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn