Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Erk...

Daily Draw: Rider Waite Jubilee Tarot ~ Devil, World, JudgementIt's been a rather unpleasant week here, after two years of smooth sailing and no cross words. Everyone is wound up, except of course the person who stirred the pot.
When I drew my card this morning and the Devil came up I just groaned and thought I'd draw another...and then another. Erk, three majors. When a reader reads for themselves it's easy to skew the cards the way you want or need them to be. And I don't believe in predictive 'fortune telling' tarot, but use the cards in a reflective manner and usually they do light the corners where I've forgotten to look.

What do I see here? What I want: The pot stirrer to get hers in spades, the perfect little world we had to return, and on judgement day we will all be together again.
What I need to see? There are always two sides to a story, or in this case five. Consider what I see as devilment in the light of she did it in what she saw as everyone's best interests, not to bedevil us. That the four people in the corners need to do what the central person wants. And that in 100 years no one will remember or care.

"The heart is the best reflective thinker." ~ Wendell Phillips 1811-1884

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting - and good to reflect on the matters you mentioned - 100 years from now, etc. I tend not to look at things that way most of the time - could use more of it in my life.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn