Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

End Begin End

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Dancer of Beginnings

From the book: dance with me to become uplifted, shaken from stale routines, and raised up beyond what it is to be human. Move forward with me and look at the world with a renewed understanding.

My father-in-law from his death bed says "what am I supposed to be doing?". Sometimes I kneel by his bed and run a list of little farm chores: final clean out of the barn, hang CD's in the orchard, clean hen house, another round of mowing yards, till the little garden. And sometimes I kneel by his bed and remind him that his and my ashes will tuck in with Rob at the Willamette National Cemetery, a beautiful resting place and that we will all be together again. In his final cloudy days I have no idea if his query is literal or figurative. Either way, I have his back covered for beginnings and endings.

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from". ~ T.S. Eliot 1888-1965

1 comment:

  1. What an example you are to us for these final days of a loved one - oh that everyone had such dignity in their last days.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn