Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gifted

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Hunter of Gifts

Ever harbored the tiniest bit of resentment when faced with the product of the truly gifted? The quilts than knock your socks off, the music that makes you cry with its beauty, the building that shouts the designers talent? Yeah, me too.

I'm reminded by this card that I've spent most of my life being adequate. Being adequate is no banner to wear across the chest, everyone is adequate that chooses to be. But a few years ago I was moaning to a friend that I was never going to live long enough to know what my 'real' talent was, to know what I was born to be or do. She laughed and said of course you know, you do it every day. And she was right. My special talent is nothing I can hang in a quilt show, or compose a melody for but I am content in the knowledge that I have a gift, and I've honored and used it to the best of my ability ever since that day when the light finally dawned.

"My heart is singing for joy this morning. A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil's mind, and behold, all things are changed." ~ Anne Sullivan 1866-1936

1 comment:

  1. YOu have ever so many gifts - some you know and some we know - and they are all wonderful. You definitely have the gift of words, among other things. You inpsire me so very much with all you do.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn