Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hugs

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Spirit of Love

This is the kind of subject you could write on all day and never scratch the surface...because how many kinds of love are there? This image has it's arms outspread, welcoming, ready to hug.

I'm reminded by this card there isn't enough hugging going on in the world. One of the best hugs I ever got was from a stranger in the middle of one of the biggest malls on the west coast. My father had died that morning, Rob had jumped on the first plane out to go get mom and I went to work. Who knows what I was thinking, not much...I also ate eight cinnamon rolls that morning...anyway I saw a couple approaching me, and suddenly he veered into my path and said "you look like you could use a hug". It makes me cry today, 20 years later, just how much that hug meant to me. So go ahead...hug someone, it might be the straw they need to hang on.

"We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth." ~ Virginia Satir 1916-1988

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn