Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

White Bread With A Splash Of Tabasco

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Ancestor of Guidance

Do you think your father or grandmother watches over you from heaven? That whole idea gives me the creeps. What kind of heaven would it be if all you got to do was watch your family scratch (Y), argue, paint the barn, sit interminably at a computer...?

I'm reminded by this card to each their own. I have a Heinz 57 family tree with no strong specific ethnic or culture at all. Where the moniker white bread came from I suppose.
But I have my father's nose and hair, my mothers judgmental streak and love of words, my grandmother's proclivity for stretching a dollar. Our DNA strands tell a long story, whose will speak to me today?

"Every man is an omnibus in which his ancestors ride." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes 1809-1894

1 comment:

  1. I feel that my ancestors - and sometimes other people's ancestors are present around me in different forms - but not standing up "on a cloud" looking down. Interesting concept - I suppose thought up to make us feel better about things - but I too find it a bid on the weird side.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn