Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

As Below, So Above

Daily Draw: Anubis Oracle ~ Pyramid

Foundations. The great pyramids were already ancient when Tutankhamun ruled Egypt 4000 years ago. Their groundwork and plans were solidly based, and each new layer maintained the same thoughtfulness and care, leaving us a legacy that astounds and inspires still.

As I enter a new phase of my life I'm reminded by this card to put the same kind of foundation under me as I move forward. I haven't got so many years left that I can make some huge financial mistake and recover from it.
  • Be careful what you wish for, you might get it
  • Don't bite off more than you can chew
  • Build in haste, repent in leisure

I don't know why I feel such urgency to move forward, and I'm sick of spending my life being plagued by cautionary roadblocks.

"When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent." ~ George Carlin 1937-2008

2 comments:

  1. At the same time, it is your life and with what you have, live it fully, head on...You've shown through your posts that you have resolve and ingenuity, I trust that the universe will take care of you (and those roadblocks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the sense of urgency really rears it head when I come smack up against the reaslisation of my own mortality. It is one thing to know it, but another to KNOW it. At times the ticking is quiet. At the moment it is very loud. So I share your urgency.
    Cheers
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn