Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From There To Here

Daily Draw: Fairy Tarot ~ Chariot

These little winged Chariot pullers haven't got a clue what they are doing or where they are going or why, but they all look determined to be the first one there. My two puppy-mill-dumped-off-in-the-woods Doxies look just the same every single time they go out the door.

I'm reminded by this card, because I've been thinking about the subject since yesterday afternoon, of all the times in my life I've done the same thing; jumped before looking, invested without thinking, agreed to something before my mind was engaged. The limb chipper. The Crocs stock. The Ipod. The full set of Sharpies. Now I'm jonesing for a grain mill because I have a King Arthur 500+ recipe whole grain cookbook...Let's see, what have I baked this year with grain? Erm, two batches of muffins and this is what, the fifth month of the year? Let's put someone in charge of the Chariot who knows where it's going please.

"I've been so blind, now I'm paying the cost;
How can I find what was never lost?
I've been in bed lying awake,
I've been the taker with nothing to take.
I've got not direction, no changing lanes;
I'm driving blind, pushing through the pain." ~ Grace Potter 1974-

1 comment:

  1. I found a nifty grain mill at Goodwill - maybe you can find a used one that won't break the bank and will give you a chance at the fresh taste of grinding your own wheat - and I've heard of people grinding it in their coffee grinder.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn