Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Too Much Of A Good Thing

Daily Draw: Chinese Tarot ~ Sun

In Chinese mythology there were many suns and the earth was a heat blasted wasteland. Hon Yi was commissioned to shoot down all but one and his skill with the bow made Earth habitable.

Hon Yi was awarded the Emperor's daughter in marriage for his feat. She was less than impressed. When the Emperor, worried the suns would return one day, gave Hon Yi a immortality potion his wife stole and drank it. She became immortal all right, but now spends eternity on the Moon for her perfidy. I'm reminded by this card to be careful what I wish for, I just might get it.

"I am tired, beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you; of squeezing it into little ink drops, and posting it. And I scald alone, here, under the fire of the great moon." ~ Amy Lowell 1874-1925

1 comment:

  1. I have probably lived my last 10 years with the "careful what you wish for" mentality but now have abandoned that entirely. I realised that I was living life in fear stepping carefully. Not any more. Now I am stepping out boldly and wishing and asking life for whatever I want and being prepared to live with the consequences. After all, I have to live with the consequences of what life dishes up wether I asked for it or not! So I might as well go for broke. I have to say that the change is a good improvement and I recommend it.
    Cheers
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn