Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Self-Imprisoned

Daily Draw: Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot ~ 8 of Swords

I feel trapped today. There is so much to be done here it is overwhelming. My practical conscientious side says I should already be hours into the work. My me me me side says I need a break so badly I reek of it.

I'm reminded by this card either or situations come up all the time, it is part of life. No one is going to die if I'm not here working today. On the other hand it just leaves twice as much to do tomorrow...oh this golden prison of my own making.

"A man can be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked, as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein 1889-1951

1 comment:

  1. If you were reading this on someone else's blog I think you would remind them to eat the elephant one bite at a time .
    Just do one task and then think about if should do the next one straight away or take a break.
    Best wishes
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn