Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Go Ahead, Make My Day

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ 9 of Wands

Unlike the tattered survivor inside the low wall we often see on this card, this defender is outside the high wall, strong and vigilant, and prepared to take on all comers.

I'm reminded by this card, and my everyday pattern, of how difficult this is. To be vigilant, prepared, strong is my everyday goal. Somewhere in that November to May hospice care of my FIL I seem to have lost my...what? Moxie? My core self? My focus? I think that is it, my ability to focus on what is really important to me. This week I've made some small alterations to my norm...sort of setting up a mirror site as they say in computerese. And it is working so far, My resolve is unwavering, my fortress tools are stronger and today is a new day, once again. So far so good~

Fortitude is the marshal of thought, the armor of the will, and the fort of reason.
~ Francis Bacon 1561-1626

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn