Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Unfettered

Daily Draw: Pearls of Wisdom 9 of Cups

Spiritual enlightenment. Is there such a thing in the everyday sense of life? I've know any number of friends and family who have been born again, embraced a specific religion and it's like their minds slam shut rather than open to peace and joy and acceptance of fellow man. Suddenly it's my way or the highway or you are doomed to Hell and all of a sudden they know scripture and verse from their chosen tome to prove it to those who choose to remain unfettered by labels. Or whose label differers from theirs.

I'm reminded by this card how much it makes my heart ache to see people close off rather than open up. Spirituality should fill our inner well and flow over rather than become a hard arid kernel that becomes an obsession to polish.

"Religion is for people who are scared to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who have already been there." ~ Bonnie Raitt 1949-

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn