Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Who Knew?

Daily Draw: Victorian Romantic Tarot ~ World

Lovely basket. I'd like one please.
Is she making an offering to a higher power? Her face looks like her mind is not at ease with the action. A baby is by her hand, is she having second thoughts about what she is teaching her children by example? Is she offering because everyone else is or because she is afraid not to?

What rocks your world? What do you truly believe? What is the truth of your spirituality? Can you make a list? It is often easier to list what we don't believe. And next month the list might change. It might change if we are in a war zone, or ICU, or staring at the charred remains of everything we owned. Religion has dogma which can pin mind and heart in place like a specimen butterfly. Spirit on the other hand... is free to seek and learn with a joy that can see and accept the divine of the World. I started a journal last week on this very subject, because putting something into words forces clarity of thought. There are already a number of surprises in that journal.

"Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them he cried, 'Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?' God said, 'I did do something. I made you'." ~ Sufi Teaching

1 comment:

  1. Wow - one of the answers to an age old question about why didn't God do something. You really have a way of clarifying things for me - I will spend more time contemplating this week - you inspire me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn