Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Despair

Daily Draw: Golden Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

Winston Churchill's black dog of depression and desperation is paying a call again. Interesting it would come up after Clara's card yesterday.

I'm reminded by this card of several times in my life I've been suicidal. Sometimes just hanging on will eventually get one through because life has peaks in addition to valleys. Sometimes one has to ask for help, which I finally did, and a miracle occurred. I can only see it in hindsight because it certainly wasn't overnight...but if I hadn't finally asked for help I doubt I'd be here today. Saying life is good.

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get comfort or truth, only wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." ~ C.S. Lewis 1898-1963

The deck this week is the Golden Tarot published by U.S. Games Systems 2003. Gilded deck and small 198 page book by Kat Black. Well done collage work based on art from Middle Ages and early Renaissance.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful new deck Sharyn.
    I have to say though, the new font is not quite to my liking. It is a bit "thick" and not as nice to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the black dog doesn't stay around too long, Sharyn. Sending you hugs.

    I like the new look - it gave me a surprise when I opened it up in a new tab, but I like it!!

    Bea/GeorgiePorgie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn