Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Give And Take

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Temperance

Temperance is often shown pouring from jug to jug, here we see her priming the well. In one of Julia Cameron's books she writes about refilling the well, in this case, our own mental and physical and spiritual well.

I'm reminded by this card perhaps those times when I think I'm 'least', when there is no spark or ommph, maybe it is just fallow time, and I'm really rejuvenating. We can't possibly hope to survive going full bore all the time, a look around will show the evidence of blow-outs, hence Temperance.

"Joy, temperance, and repose slam the door on the doctor's nose". ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 1807-1882

1 comment:

  1. That is just spot on. I am refilling the well at the moment. That can be a harder challenge than continuing to give, give, give.
    Love this deck.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn