Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Help Wanted

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ 8 of Coins

Beginning with peeling bark and picking berries as a kid, to today as a private personal assistant/nurse assistant, a quick accounting tells me I've had at least fifteen very different types of employment in my life. Some I liked better than others.

I'm reminded by this card in women's Retail Upscale Clothing I made it a whole three days and never went back. I couldn't bear to see the way people of wealth treated those lovely clothes; looking back, caregiving in one form or another seems to have always been a thread through my life. All in all my only regret has ever been and ever will be, that I was unable to go to college and really have a career. Ah well, maybe next time.

"Saw a sign at a gas station. It said 'help wanted'. There was another sign below it that said 'self service'. So I hired myself. Then I made myself the boss. I gave myself a raise. I paid myself. Then I quit." ~ Steven Wright 1956-

1 comment:

  1. We've been on such a similar life path - it amazes me when I think of it.

    I had a full four year scholarship and gave it back - instead ran off to Texas (from Alaska) to marry Don. Can't say that I regret it - but having a college education would have made life easier I believe. That isn't necessarily true for young people right now - when we see so many with degrees not being able to find work in their field - but the education is still a good thing - and as we know - things always do change.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn