Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Poor Poorer Poorest

Daily Draw: Universal Fantasy ~ 5 of Coins

I drew this card on the 16th also, this couple has a long way to go before they reach that couple's low.

I'm reminded by this card poor covers a multitude of states. I've been penniless but never homeless. I've been hungry but never even ever close to starving. I saw some horrific images yesterday where some Chinese have been living in the underground bunkers Chairman Mao had built. That isn't even poor. I look at the dozens of homes that have been repossessed in the 1.5 miles between the freeway and my home and I think we in this rich country are getting closer to understanding.

"Constant complaint is the poorest sort of pay for all the comforts we enjoy." ~ Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

2 comments:

  1. Of all the cards in the deck, this one bugs me the most when it comes up. It's like it says, "There but for the grace of God go YOU, kid, so pay attention."

    I just found your blog a day or two ago and love the insights so much that I'm going back to the very beginning and reading everything in order.

    Thanks for some terrific writing!! ~~ Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a compliment Vera, thank you very much for stopping by. Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn