Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Burden

Daily Draw: Secret Garden Tarot ~ 10 of Wands

I've had acres of time to reflect this week on what a huge burden single parents and single caregivers carry. I have no idea how they manage and still survive. One day at a time I suppose?

I'm reminded by this card of our silent heroes.

"We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday's burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it." ~ John Newton 1725-1807

1 comment:

  1. I guess I fall into both of those categories, although I never thought about it until I read it in print. :D

    My mantra for life echoes your quote: Stay in the moment.

    ~~ Vera

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn