Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Drumming

Daily Draw: Victorian Trading Card Tarot ~ Page of Wands

Can't fault this drummer boy Page for trying. I too would love to have a drum, but until that day comes when I feel like drumming I sit on my back door stoop with a metal bowl and a wooden spoon tapping and pounding away.

I'm reminded by this card that many of our reasons for not doing something are hogwash. If there is a will there is a way. Put the ego away and pick up a wooden spoon with me.

"Seemed to me that drumming was the best way to get close to God." ~ Lionel Hampton 1908-2002

1 comment:

  1. Sharyn,

    I was tapping out a rythm on the desk as I was reading this, and then fell about laughing .... thank you for a good way to start my day!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn