Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stepping Out

Daily Draw: Secret Forest Tarot ~ Page of Cups

I'm dogged by the Pages lately. They could be new beginnings but that is more the Ace's realm. I see a Page and think awkward.

I let a chance go by to meet new people with similar interests last night. Typical of me. It was stormy, I was comfortable, I was busy... But part of that truth was it is awkward to walk into a group of people who all know each other and not feel like a dork. Even at my age. Wasted opportunity.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring. ~ Leo Buscaglia 1924-1998

1 comment:

  1. I can identify with this so very much. I always seem to have a "reason" why I can't make that first step - tired - busy - don't want to go out. But last month I finally went to a new group - I'd made 11 excuses for 11 months - and I had a grand time - was welcomed very nicely and made a new friend. Wow - it was worth it - but still hard for me. Now to keep up with it and go this month (I'm searching for excuses and blowing them away so I'll be ready on the 18th to go again)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn