Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An Active Part

Daily Draw: A'HA Oracle ~ Action Follows Faith

Neatly following on to yesterday's card of positive thinking is the truism Action Follows Faith. Winning the lottery isn't likely, but we have to buy a ticket to even be in the running. The crippled may walk but it only follows taking that excruciating first step, it won't happen lying in bed hoping or praying. We must add action to our goals.

I'm reminded by this card though...of how much faith this info-junkie has in her computer's brainbox. Taking action, I researched 'Lord helps those who help themselves'. I did not know it is the most often misquoted bible verse...because it isn't in the bible. The bible says repeatedly the Lord helps those who are helpless. The computer says:
Ben Franklin said it in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757
In 1698 Algernon Sydney said it in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government.
Aesop (620-564 BC) said, “The gods help them that help themselves"
Greek philosopher Euripides, (480-406 BC) said, “Try first thyself, and after, call on God.
Rockman probably said something along the same lines to Caveman. Because it is good advice indeed; we have to take the active part in forward movement.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I get so caught up in "But what if I fail?" that I freeze with fear and don't act. I suppose I should just look at things as Edison did when he invented the lightbulb. He told a reporter he didn't have any failures - just 1000 steps in getting the job done. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn