Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Creative Make Do

Daily Draw: Marco Polo Tarot ~ Queen of Wands

Our Queen of Wands is holding her wand as if using it for a musical instrument, quite indicative of this character. If she wants to do or learn something and doesn't have the tools she will make do until the real thing may or may not come along. Her experience is not bound by her wallet.

I'm reminded by this card sometimes make-do is more fun than something we've thrown a lot of money at. It feels good to be creative, it either satisfies or increases the itch which has value in itself, and sometimes we even like the make do enough to continue to use it as is.

"I am challenged to be creative by what I buy
Not on how much I spend" ~ Arthur Tugman 1938-


Back to tarot this week with a dual named deck, Tarot of the Journey To The Orient or Marco Polo Tarot. Published by Lo Scarabeo 2002. Marco Polo traveled the world that was unknown to his Venetian countrymen for twenty-four years. The artist Severino Baraldi created another duality, the twenty-two majors all have two scenes portrayed.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a bit like this Queen my friend - very resourceful when it comes to being creative!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn