Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting Past The ME

Daily Draw: Green Man Tree Oracle ~ Ivy

How many times when we need support do we reject it? Or don't even think to ask? I could fill a book with all the times I've been guilty of this. Yes, guilty.

I'm reminded by the strength of Ivy that thinking we can do it all, handle it all, when perfectly good help is right there for the asking; it becomes all about ego and nothing about giving, unintentional or not.

"My father always wanted to be the corpse at every funeral, the bride at every wedding, and the baby at every christening." ~ Mrs. Alice Roosevelt Longworth 1884-1980

1 comment:

  1. My husband is reading a book by Wayne Dyer called "Excuses Begone". One of the first things he shoots down is the excuse that there is no one who will help us. My biggest problem is not in believing there is help available, but in ASKING for that help. Grew up hearing "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps!"

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn