Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Pilgrim's Progress

Daily Draw: A'HA Oracle ~ Offering

The shell image stands for setting ego aside and devoting time and thought to self. Again, rather a mixed message until you see it as the author puts it, "in consideration of one's path, faith in one's journey, and reverence toward one's Self".

I'm reminded by this card, on this last day of 2010, how difficult this is to do. Unless we've booked a stay at a silent monastery the idea of a retreat simply means a vacation...the same us with a different view and still lots of things to occupy our mind. In other words, everywhere we go there We are...the meaning of the Shell and our spiritual progress should get better shrift than a few minutes a week.

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." ~ Isaac Newton 1642-1727

Just for the end of the year record, the tarot cards that have come up most in 2010 are World card 9 times, and Justice and Three of Coins 8 times. The Fool only appeared 4 times this year, but still holds the all time overall record, now at 28 blog appearances. And they all always have something new to say. How many other 78 page books can we say that of?

I write this daily blog as part of my own pilgrimage of spirit, but I do thank those of you that drop by and share your thoughts too. It is nice to know there are fellow travelers trying to set aside ego and look to the light. All the very best to you and yours in the coming year.

2 comments:

  1. Back atcha, Sharyn... a peaceful New Year to you.

    ~~ Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card and post makes me think of a book I read many years ago - Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "Gift from the Sea." I might have to dig that book back out...

    I hope your New Year is full of good health and much happiness my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn