Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Revenge

Daily Draw: Victorian Flower Oracle ~ Verbena, Revenge

I'm crummy at revenge. My hair trigger temper goes straight from zero to furious and rules me until I can get it under control. Then common sense takes over and I seldom give the situation another thought. Life is too darn short.

I'm reminded by this card that revenge is a cold meal, served in the dark. I refuse to partake of this particular feast.

"Therein lies the defect of revenge: it's all in the anticipation; the thing itself is a pain, not a pleasure." ~ Mark Twain 1835-1910

1 comment:

  1. Here is what Jane Eyre said on the subject ( having told Mrs Reed what she thought of her)
    "Something of vengence I had tasted for the first time. An aromatic wine it seemed, on swallowing,warm and racy; its after-flavor, metallic and corroding, gave me a sensation as if I had been poisoned. "
    An apt description I think

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn