Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Best Laid Plans

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Plans

In my day to day life I'm good with anything spontaneous, doesn't disrupt or upset me at all. In the long view through I do have a plan and I hammer on it every time I find a nail that will conceivably further it.

I believe this card corresponds to the standard five of wands and presents a much more positive view of time and plans. I'm reminded by the little figures to be flexible and the large figure to hold my course.

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will themselves not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will not die." ~ Daniel H. Burnham 1846-1912

The Runic Tarot includes a major arcana of 24 rune cards in a zodiac wheel broken down into three groups; workers, protectors, prayers, with traditional Norse significance. This is coupled with a minor arcana of four suits, based on the four seasons of Imbolc, Beltane, Lugnasadh, and Samhain. If the reader has additional interests in astrology and elementals this would be a excellent deck for doing readings that involve timing. The Runic Tarot kit includes 76 beautiful cards with art by Caroline Smith, and the 184 page companion book written by John Astrop.

2 comments:

  1. I've spent the last twenty plus years "putting out fires;" it was all spontaneity and not many long range plans. Now I hope to have a gander at that horizon and consider the direction I'd like to be heading in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline Smith's artwork is just perfect for decks: iconic, crisp, and expressive. The Elemental, Runic, and even the Mystic Meg deck are great one-card reading decks. Looking forward to your cards and ruminations this week!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn