Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flitter and Fritter

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Gnomes ~ 2 of Wands

I've spent the last two years completing projects I'd begun and then walked away from unfinished. A few I disassembled, one or two hit the trash, one I gave away, and still I had about a dozen crying out from the closet.

This little lady working diligently to complete her carving reminds me of just how incredibly good it feels to now be free of unfinished projects. They were a huge waste of the precious time already invested in them, poor financial stewardship, and completely disrespectful of my talent.

"she signed her name onto cloth, and, in her own way, cried out, Remember me." ~ Linda Otto Lipsett

4 comments:

  1. Well said, Sharyn. I have a boatload of unfinished knitting projects that I've been attending to... I also get the same satisfaction out of DOING something about them, and releasing the stagnated energy that builds up around them. Love that quote, too. So true...

    ~~ Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate telling myself, "I'll do it when I get around to it," because I so rarely do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the thoughts about the disrespect of our talents - more food for thought.

    I have a few projects that I've packed away nicely because I was burned out on quilting - they are waiting and I will finished them when the time is right. Now I am crocheting a lace tablecloth for our new (it will come to us) round dining room table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just saw on your profile...''needle slinger''!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn